How 'full service' are you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by georgel, Jul 5, 2001.

1. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

When you set up a maintenance contract with a client does that include full care of the lawn including flower bed maintenance and upgrades, tree maintenance(Feeding, trimming, removal)? I am just curious how you define "maintenance"?

Thanks

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it depends on what they want. i have customers that want sevice packages that include spring and fall cleanups, fert programs, as well as weeding of beds, trimming bushes, keeping limbs off house, gutters clean, etc. but most of my people r just cutting and fert program. sell them what u can, offer full pkgs

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I'll keep this short and sweet :

What Bobby Said.

4. georgel

georgel LawnSite Member

I hear folks charging around $30/visit for the accounts they service. Does that include more than cutting and trimming?

Thanks

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

george, around here(new jersey) $30 is about the average fee for a cut. a "cut" includes the cutting itself plus weedwacking, edging of walkways on every other visit, and a blow off of walkways and driveway. for us this also includes disposal of the grass if we used a catcher, some lawns we do, some we dont. anything else(trimming of bushes, ferts, first time edging, etc. is an additional charge.

6. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Watch out on the extra's. Everyone has different
    ideas on how things should look. Best thing to do
    is offer those things on an "hourly" basis. I try
    to get $30.00 an hour for those little, hard to
    define jobs. But on a thing like shrub trimming,you
    should go higher. You will use power equipment and
    possibly pay for disposal. I offer most any type of
    outdoor maintenance but do not really advertize it.
    I was worried about making ends meet with the very
    dry weather, but I have been asked to do a lot of
    extra work and I'm still booked!

7. i do for normal maintanence is cut the grass, trim, edge the gardens, and blow pavement. anything else is extra. as for my list of extras, they are tree work, landscaping, fert / pest, and some other stuff too.

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

hey lawnboy, what does that mean on the bottom of your page"u pickin my ......../?

9. ok... you are in jersey, i work for a big lawn mower shop in new york. the owners are italian, and the parents came from the old country. so one son's name is flavio, or flaviano. the mother used to say when the kids were younger, who'sa pickin on mya flaviano, i breaka you face...
    she is a big italian woman. really nice people, but very crazy.

10. I'm just about strictly a cutter. Cut & trim. Pretty much what everyone here wants. But then Kentucky bluegrass grows wild here. Cut it proper, and it gets thicker every year. I'll do other services when I can, or call someone in for the big stuff.
    Dave