How good are the Husqvarna walk-behinds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscanuck, Mar 13, 2002.

1. grasscanuck

grasscanuck LawnSite Member
    from canada

I'm in the market for a new wb and my dealer carries Husquvarna.
    I'm looking for the 32". Just wondering if anyone has used one of these and how they compare to the other major brands.
  2. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I am also looking at a 36" maybe the 42"hydro. they seem very well built and 36" is only 2500$. If I can't see the 42" up close and personal I will pick up the 36"er by the end of this month.
    My other choice here is toro,deere,clubcadet,scag and crapper.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You could also get some opinions if you ask about the company that makes the mower which I believe is Kee.
  4. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna seems eager to earn the commercial market. The post by Two Toros seems correct in that the machine is manufactured by the Kees mower company. This choice would probably be sound but there are more productive walk behind mowers on the market. Two mowers to be recommended are the Scag and Exmark. Is the Husqvarna dealer near by? Does the dealer inventory a good selection of parts? Husqvarna with out a doubt has raised the bar for two cycle equipment. Their Backpacks and trimmers are rated the highest above Stihl and Echo according to consumer guide or review. Perhaps buy the brand that you really wants provided that it is a good machine. If you don't you will always wonder if it might have been better.

It is the difference of opinion that makes a good horse race!

Good luck to you there in Canada!
  5. Lawn Man 5

Lawn Man 5 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I curently have a 48in belt drive husqvarna with a 15 horse Kohler on it and I absolutely love it. I bought it knew last year for about 2800.00 with a bagger. haven't had 1 problem. Personally i think the 32 in is kind of a waste, but if you need to get in to tight areas you don't have much of a choice.

Goon luck with what you buy.