How good are the Hustler SUPER WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Jul 18, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I have someone trying to sell me a Super WB 25 Kaw 54", I do not like how long they are and I believe Hustler quit making them? How well will they swing a fixed velkie? The reason I ask is because the length should really hurt them doing this.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler
    s Super WB is the BEST wb ever made!! They aren't much longer than any other WB of the same size deck. they are the easiest to operate and maneuver. I can use my 48" in places that I couldn't move a 36" belt drive. I run mine with a bulllrider sulky 90% of the time on properties as small as 2k. up to over 30k. They are fast tough smooth powerful and will do anything a similar size rider will and more.

Hustler lost A lot of my respect when they announced that they quit making them.

3. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

how are they on slantes and slopes trying to swing a fixed sulky, I have a 52 Lesco and they are way longer than that. I like the machine but they made it to long.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a older 52 lesco myself and a 36 belt lesco. the hustler is such a better machine It's hard to compare the two. the lescos are good mowers for the money ubt the hustoler Super WB is in a class by itself.
    It swings fine on slopes. Remember you have plenty of power there and if it does bind then just step off for a second. ( another advantage of a WB/sulky over a Z) My 48" SWB with bull rider is jjust under 8 ft long. The extra length and larger tires make it ride very smooth alowing you to cut faster over rougher ground. I just wish some one made a fixed sulky with larger tires.

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have never seen a single SW by Hustler cutting since last April 2005! Those guys who run them at one of gated communities that I do have accounts, have switched to Scag wildcat, so I guess it tells you something...
    Who in the world would buy a WB for $6500! I dont't care how fast how good blah, blah, blah, it comes down to the Z 's heel anytime.

6. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

Ya but I can get one for a good price, I am looking for something with a better cut than a Z and that will work good on tight slope areas. They are stupidly long for a walk mower. I find if you want a high end job a Z does not cut it.

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Super Walkbehinds are very nice mowers. With a fixed sulky you have one bad arse machine. Alot of peole knock these mowers cause they either dont know anything about them, cant afford one or have never ran one. I mean lets face it. You cant use a rider on EVERY property. So when you need a walkbehind I live to have the best one avail.

With that said ive been keeping my eyes open for a 54" SWB myself. Good luck.