How good are YAZOO KEES?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Steve's Mow & Trim, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a commercial zero turn. I wan't something that will be like an army tank as far as durability goes. The question is for those of you who know anything about YAZOO KEES, are they well built and good performing mowers? Do any of you use them?

A dealer near me has a 2003 YAZOO KEES 72" COMMERCIAL 27HP ZERO TURN. The mower has 135 hrs on it and has been used as a demo machine. I am told this mower ran for $10,300.00 NEW in 2003. I'll throw some pics on here so you guys can see what it looks like. If I buy this I need to get a new trailer as well to fit the 6 foot deck, lol. Oh before I forget I can buy this for $5,800.00, does that sound like a good price? It suposidley mows 6acres/hr at 10mph.

1bd8_3.jpg

24d0_3.jpg

201d_3.jpg

1490_3.jpg

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has it been spray painted???

3. Steve's Mow & Trim

why do you say that

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It looks it on the deck and the back. It could be the sun?

5. cooksjr537

cooksjr537 LawnSite Member

I don't have a zero turn yazoo kees but my walk behind has been holding up great for 4 years now. Its been through the tallest and wettest grass here in nc. 14hp 48 inch

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one in the late 90's, 52 inch, 25 kohler, horrible it would blow dust all over you, the cut was good and the handling,but the dust was a killer.

7. Steve's Mow & Trim

haha what do you mean blow dust? when you were driving through dirt? lol every mower does that

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mow large enough areas to justify a 72" deck. The cut quality won't be so good if you mow a bumpy area or an area that has ruts. Its the same as a Husky, had one, it was ok, but won't buy another one. It just handled like crap if you try to mow close to full speed. Cut quality was ok. Your money so if you really want it, buy it. Good luck.

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well those are low hours, but it's an '03 which is fairly old, and he's really slashing the price. There has to be a reason for that. Either he can't get rid of it for some reason, or the hours are wrong. Check it over good. And I second what Albery said. That's a BIG deck and you can run into scalping issues. Only get a deck that big if you need it.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

NO NO,all mowers do not blow dust i was mowing apartments the dust came from the dry part of the summer dead thatch.