How good does Hustler 37" cut in fence corners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Jan 20, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am picking up more yards with fences so want to stop mowing them with the 21" Toro commercial mower.

I am looking at buying a 37" Hustler but the weird frame design has me concerned.

The one side of the frame/spindle area is a lot longer than the other side. In the pictures the length of the one side looks like the same length as a their 48" or 54" mowers but the other side is a lot shorter length.

Does the frame design get all the grass in fence corner or is there a lot left to cut with the trimmer when trimming along the fence row.

I will be mulching so is the high-lift blades the best to use?

Anyone buy the parking brake kit and does it work to keep the mower from moving much or not at all in the trailer?

Hope this makes sense what I am saying about mowing in the fence corner.

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had a Hustler 37 for 4 years now. Since it has a floating deck it is longer than a fixed deck machine. So no you cant get as far into a corner. But you will always have some trimmer work to do no matter what you are using. Ours has the parking brake and they may look phony but they work very well and not much maintenance is needed. We have never tried to mulch with ours , so really dont know.