how good is a MARUYANA BL690

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Oct 6, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

just wondering your comments on a MARUYANA COMMERCIAL BACKPACK BLOWER BL690.what would be a good price to pay for a used one ? how strong are they ?

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

maruyana?.......isnt that stuff illegal?

3. befnme

4. bluemoon7

bluemoon7 LawnSite Member

Do you mean Maruyama ?

5. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I live pretty close to Marianna, Florida, Hehehehehe. Yes, he probably means Maruyama. IMO, they make good equipment. I have no personal experience with that particular model of backpack blower, but they do make good, long- lasting equipment. It can be hard to find a dealer so make sure there is one close by.

Greg

6. befnme

thanx for the correct spelling i have seen several different spellings of it and thought i was right.thanx for the info also.i found a cheap one and didnt know if it was in the homelite or stihl catagory.

7. Island LawnScapes

Island LawnScapes LawnSite Member

I don't have any experience with the BL690 but I recently purchased a new Maruyama PB6700 as a back up for my Echo PB403. It is such a powerful machine that the Echo is now the back up. The Maruyama's are a bit thirsty for fuel when compared to the Echo but has over 200mph nozzle speed. It's has a great filtration system for the engine so engine life should be good. The only complaint I have are the shoulder straps, they detached at the most inopportune times. All in all a very good machine.

8. befnme

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW. :waving:

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Check out redmax because they are the same basically. Maruyama is just a fancy redmax. I have a trimmer from them and love it. A little cheaper than mary.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

This brand has actually gained some ground around here. I know a guy who runs them exclusively for 2 cycle stuff. He is pleased with his and has not had to replace anything in several years.

I might be off on this, but I think they use Kawasaki engines.
    I've never checked to see if the whole machine is the same though.

I like the air boxes on the blowers.