1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Good is a Stihl FS 90 Trimmer???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1998tahoe, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 1998tahoe

1998tahoe LawnSite Member

Looking at buying a new trimmer is the FS90 a good trimmer or what?? Never had a 4MIX?? Any info is greatly appreciated.....
  2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Go with shindaiwa or redmax. You get more for your money and they put out a lot of torque compared to stihl. Also no 4 mix headaches.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

STIHL is a good brand
  4. cleancutslawncare

cleancutslawncare LawnSite Member

I have that exact trimmer, and although I haven't tried a vast amount of others I am very happy with the FS 90. I think you'd be pleased with it as well.
  5. BartonLawn

BartonLawn LawnSite Member

Can I get back with you in a few years? I've only had mine a few months. :)

Pretty good so far tho.
  6. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

I would suggest going with the fs85 instead. I have a fs85 and a friend of mine has the fs 90. He wishes he got one like mine. Maybe I'm just old school, but Stihl 2 cycles are the best!!!
  7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same engine on my KM 90 R and I like it...of course I've only used is as a hedge trimmer but that will change tonight.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

It's a great trimmer, perfect for medium duty trimming. Buy it and don't look back.
  9. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

I like the fs90, actually I like it better than the fs 110. I really like my fs85 which compares to it but the fs90 is a good starting, dependable, powerful machine.
  10. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Have a FS85 and the FS90. Like them both. You won't be disappointed.