How good is embark t-o growth regulater?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gplank2003, Apr 24, 2006.

1. gplank2003

gplank2003 LawnSite Member

How good does it work on shrubs and turf? I've got a lot of thick lawns that i have to double cut thats on yearly contracts. And the same with trimming there shrubs to.The point is i get paid the same every month on them.

2. gplank2003

has anybody ever used it?:confused:

3. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Just applied some along my fencelines last week. Too soon to tell how well it is working. I also added liquid iron to the mix to reduce or prevent the yelowing that others have seen using embark straight up.

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I used Embark side by side with Primo. I think the Embark gave more of a stunting effect, and lasted a bit longer. I used Iron with both to eliminate browning and it worked very well. I would say that the Primo gave a bit better color to the lawn. I did not notice thinning with the Embark as some have reported. If I were dealing with high end lawns I would use Primo to be safe. My own lawn I don't care. I will use Embark in the yard for cost savings, and Roundup around the trees.

I think Proxy would be the king for shrub applications. It will slow growth for a longer time and slow it more then other products to my knowledge. It will also thicken up the shrubs with lateral growth.

Proxy and Primo are the best technology, so I would use them.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have used Embark and it works pretty well and doesn't break the bank. I have tested it in my yard and have found it worked pretty well. I use it primarily on lawns where I don't always want to trim. As Dave said, use some ferromec with it. I personally use the ferromec about a week before I hit it with the Embark. It isn't the best looking turf afterwards but the goal is no growth/slow growth, not great visual effect.

6. gplank2003

thanks for the thoughts and suggestions

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Dependent upon the type of turf - Embark is great stuff.
    Regarding shrubs, a drench application is necessary, usually 5 gals per 1Kft applied in order for the material to be absorbed through the waxy coatings on the leaves of the shrub.
    The use of a non-ionic surfactant will greatly increase the absorption of the Embark and help reduce to a large degree any phytoxicity.

8. Agri-AFC

Agri-AFC LawnSite Member

You have a lot of options with PGR's. Embark, Atimmec, and Cutless work really well on ornamentals. Primo + Fe or the new Anderson's product Govenor are the best PGR's for turf. Good luck.

9. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

cutless looks real good on ornamentals
    3000 sq ft to 21 lb bucket - granular does not burning or stunting just time app to trimming as cutless moves to the tip of the plant which inhibits grow upward but allows the shrub to fill out and bloom