how good is Exmark ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by turf source lawn care, Mar 4, 2006.

1. turf source lawn care

turf source lawn care LawnSite Member

I am in the market for new mowers I currently run Gravely"s and am happy with the machines but would like to know how exmark stacks up againts the gravely any help would be helpful.

2. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on the main forums...

type in "exmark vs." or something similar...

You will get a plethora amount of information..

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

You get what you pay for, prices are a good indecation of quality.

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I've only ever used Exmark mowers so I am biased towards them. Frankly I think all of the major brands make a good product. Maybe someone who has owned different mower brands can shed some light on this for you as there is nothing better than having used these different machines over a course of a few years and how they perform week in week out. One thing I do know is that I have not seen any mower that can beat Exmark when it comes to the quality of the cut.

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

nothing cuts like an eXmark in the right hands that is.

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I really like Exmark. Runs Good. Cut is excellent. As long as you take care of it the machine will take a beating and still run like a champ.

7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I agree with GarPA. Most all of the major mowers are very good. I've never had any problems with my Exmark mowers. Also, a big plus, my local dealer is very good to me. I think you will be very happy with an Exmark mower, especially if it is from a good local dealer.

8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

You have to ask somebody that has owned both. Some one that has only owned exmark and says its the best is biased.Kinda obvious, just remember that.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have owned and operated Exmarks, BOB-CATs, and Toro mowers. Due to the size of accounts I currently mow, the Toro 60" Z master and 52" bobcat had to go but I would not hesistate to buy another Toro or Bob-cat!

All of the mowers seem to be about the same. I do like Toro's adjustable baffles on the Z Master mowers. The T-Bar and ECS operating systems are better than pistol grips and I like the manual clutch on the walkbehinds...espically in the fall when its time to collect leaves and such!

All the mowers cut good, stripe good and perform good overall! Dealer support for all of the 3 brands is good around my area so Its a hard descission when I need or want a new machine!

10. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

How good is eXmark?

Well considering the vast majority of LCO's in this area use them, I would say they are a must for any LCO.

Personally, I have 3 of them. I have demoed others and would never own any other brand. They are always in the field and never the shop.

In this area, eXmark and Toro are king. Followed by Scag, Husqvarna, and Dixie. There are a few using other brands.

If you were to look at all the Large LCO's in the area (ie: the ones who maintain HOA's and big communities). They ALL use eXmark.

EXMARK is KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Period