How good is "Micro-mulch" system?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

Have an Exmark Turf tracer 52" Using double blades (high lift on bottom, Gators or the top). Mulches fairly well unless grass is tall and thick, then it throws out as much long clippings as short ones.
    Should I buy the Micro Mulch kit? Will it really drive the clippings down into the lawn and disappear, even when there is a lot of grass?
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the micro-mulch kit on my turf tracer and I will say it mulches great. Now, when the grass is wet, it will leave some clumps, but I just go over them again, or blow them. If the grass is not wet, then it will do great. When the leaves are comming down, it makes short work of mulching them up also.:D
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The system is awesome! I have it on all my eXmarks. You can't tell if the lawn was bagged or mulched when finished.

The one thing I have noticed on my own lawn and others that I fescue seed, it doesn't seem to cut as well on my fescue. Zoysia and bermuda there is nothing better. But in the fescue it seems to skip some especially since I cut it higher. Maybe others here that use it can verify what I see with fescue.