how hard is it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ProCut_48, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

To get legal to fert lawns in mi i've done some stuff for a other ppl but never myself but i've that alot of ppl call me and ask's for this service but i can't offer it due to law soo i was wondering what i need to get started and how hard this process will be? :dizzy:

2. ProCut_48

from michgan

come on anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Procut, the first thing you need to do is like you said...get legal. Contact your state dept of AG and find out the process of getting licensed. They'll probably have a packet of study materials they'll send you and you need to find out when they test. Pass the test, pay your fees. Increase your insurance to cover added liability. It will cost a little more to replace someones lawn because you fried it than it will to replace a windshield because you threw a rock with a lawnmower. Next, you will need equipment. What you buy will depend on the size properties you plan to treat. Plan on a quality push spreader, backpack sprayer and a couple hand sprayers bare bones minimum. It goes up from there. 2 most important things to remember as long as you ever do lawn treatments. #1 Know how to read and understand label directions and instructions. #2 Know your equipment, whatever it might be. Know how to use it, maintain it, and most importantly, calibrate it. Hope this helps you some. Good luck

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search using the word "license" under my name. I have explained this several times over to people.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually 2 years as a certified applicator...(unless a bachelor degree in some related agricultural field accompanies the one year experience).

7. ProCut_48

from michgan

Thanks guys