How Hard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnsmithcare, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

How hard is it to paint a walkbehind mower?

thank you for you help

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

tape off electrical and what ever else you don't want painted, and go to town.

3. coolbreeze

coolbreeze LawnSite Member

will you be sanding, touching up, or repainting the entire mower? either way, i think the best results will be to sand, prime, and paint. maybe use the hi-temp paint along with a clear or tinted sealant.

4. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

What HE said...and it's not "painting" it's called "rebuild in a can"!!!! ;)

5. Lawnsmithcare

So sand it and tape what ever need to be taped and paint sould I use a paint brush or a paint sprayer which I don't have so would a paint brush work.

6. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Use a couple cans of Krylon! Just DON'T use a brush!!!!;)

7. Lawnsmithcare

So use spray paint.

8. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

If you use a brush it will look like a 5 year old did it!:nono:

You could take it to the local car wash after sprayin GUNK on it,(engine degreaser). power wash the crap out of it,, dry it good, tape and squrit it with krylon cans,,, and it will look like a 15 year old did it.:laugh:

Or you can dis assem the unit. Removing every nut and bolt that touches the painted area. Sand with a orbital sander and the proper grits, prime and paint, then clear it. :clapping: :clapping: Re assem, and it will look like it did when it was new!:usflag:

Effort it = results out. <---( So true in life )

This comes from a 20 year Autobody tech, that retired at 38 to be a stay at home dad. Who happend to start a Lawn-Care Biz.
    I will be doing option 3 to my 48WB Husqvarna, Hmm maybe a nascar Dale Jr theme!

9. Lawnsmithcare

It soon will not have an engine or gas tank I need to replace them both but maybe I should just have someone who knows what they are doing paint it.

10. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

Sure, Bring it on over,,, unless your a jeff gordon fan,,, then i cant help you!