How has business been with you pond-builders?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by andyslawncare, Sep 5, 2010.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just curious to what the marketplace has to offer for water features right now.

I'm considering marketing pond and water garden construction and maintenance next year, but there doesn't seem to be many people with them in my area...

I am 20 miles south of Atlanta. Lots of people with money, but I don't see very many water features.

Any suggestions for selling this type of work?

I have only built one water feature (at my house), but I research a lot and the college trained me in water garden construction and maintenance....

I need at least one job sold to add to my portfolio, but I don't know how to get a $3000-$4000 pond/water garden/waterfall sold without references in that field, etc....

What kind of guarantee do you give your water features?
  2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not realize that there existed "FORMAL" training is water garden construction and maintenance as you stated you received from the technical college that you attended.

As to you question, thanks to the 'recession' and the hot weather, BUSINESS SUCKS!!

Maybe when the weather cools and after the Nov. elections????

Post a FREE listing of your business on all of the local internet search engines, Google, Yahoo, Yellowpages, etc.

A landline phone in the business's name will get you a free listing in the Yellow Pages.

Print up some attractive business cards and leave them at the various landscape suppliers in your area. BTW, don't overlook using the back of the business card for listing all of your offered services.

Don't concentrate on only new installs. Offer service/maintenance contracts to existing pond owners. This helps maintain Cashflow year 'round.

We guarantee our work for one (1) full year.

Be patient. Strive for excellence. If there is a market in your area, they will find you. You just need to make yourself very easy to find.
  3. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

have not done one pond or water feature this year. Thought I had a really nice falls sold but costs too much dinero......
  4. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

Business has been great for us.. We r up from last years total.. I agree with tadpole dont limit yourself to just installs incorporate all the aspects of waterscaping. Like tadpole i didnt know there was formal training for watergardens. I guess us old timers had to do it the hard way.. lol
  5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Still doing it the hard way.:hammerhead: