How has your year been?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am curious as how has your year been finanically? I don't necessarily want numbers, just curious overall how did you do. What was the best and worst month and quarter? Was is better than expected? Lay it on me

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Going great except for Katrina who screwed up my boring lawns.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What was your best months and quarters?

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Overall, very well even with a drought. We added on two more trucks with plows, a 20' enclosed trailer, 3 Z's, couple more Redmax 8000's, and a ton of equipment for the new shop we moved into in June.

I believe May was our best month ever in 12 years.

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

It is looking like this year was my best ever. Sales weren't up tremendously, but bottom line is much better. May was our best, October the worst with the week long rain. I was very happy with the way this season has gone. I said it before a few days ago, my least stressful season ever. A nice finish to the leaf clean-up (usually mid-December) would really make me a happy man.

6. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I'll know more when my taxes get done, but I think it was slower this year. Cutting, apps, and pruning, etc. were all up. No big install jobs though. Sales graph says I'm down 15%. Competition,drought,and telling pitas to go screw all took a bite. Typically june-aug are the money months.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Best year ever. Less customers for mowing, more revenue. More customers for fert/weed control much more revenue.
    Worst month was August best was April. All in all I have never had a losing year and every year I work a little less and make a little more. Life is good.

8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

in june I decieded to quit my full time state job that I had for 20 yrs.
    and go full time into my landscaping/lawn maintance business suprisingly
    august was my best month but looking forward to a full yr. full time.
    plans for doubling my client base and taking on other services

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Our first year in the business, been outstanding from a first year viewpoint. We also experienced drought, but still picked up a great deal of work. Had to buy second mower by end of May, compactor and diamond saw by early Sept. also brought on two employees. Best month was September, rest of the season each month has been within 1k - 1.5k of each other.

Best of all our work has spread throughout the area largely due to word of mouth, visibility and quality work. We have started booking hardscapes for next spring, and continue to pick up new lawn maintenance clients for next season.

Will be adding a perma green next spring, skid steer, and a second truck and trailer.

10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

This year was agood year, but nowhere as good as it should have been due to the drought. All those skips added up big time. all in all though it has been a good year i was able to buy a new truck and some other high$$$ stuff.

With the accounts that I had this season, if it would've rain like 2004 I would probably have two new trucks.