How high does the jungle jack lift the deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bwilder10h, Apr 19, 2007.

1. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I'm getting tired of using two jacks to get under my 52" stander. A bottle jack to raise the deck high enough to get a floor jack under it (bottle jack doesn't get it high enough to get an impact under there) and then taking it up the rest of the way with the floor jack.

I was looking at the jungle jack online (no dealers stock them around here) and before I ordered, I wanted to make sure the jungle jack raises the deck high enough to get an impact and long socket under there.

2. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Save your money. I have never used or owned one but it seems silly to pay for something like that. Just drive the front of your mower onto a set of car ramps, if that isn't high enough drive it up on a couple of 2x10's. Of if you are like me you have an old block and tackle stuffed in your basment just hoist the mower up so that you can get under it. All that stuff to me is just a gimmick that ends up costing you time and money.

3. bwilder10h

Yeah I agree with you. I started thinking about how silly it was to pay $160 plus shipping for it when I can get a nice set of ramps for about $50 and be able to use them on my cars/truck as well.

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Jungle will lift it high enough for an air impact, but not for an electric impact. I use a jack that lifts 20" for my electric impact,

5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i have one of the yellow jungle jacks and love it. i've used the Ballard crap ones and this is much better with the foot plate to assist lifting. also the balard type can get stuck under the deck sice they dont pivot on the front arm.

6. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have never used a Jungle Jack but I agree with others that there are cheaper ways to go. This is unless you want to raise your mowers in the field (I've made an A Frame to do that also). If you have a place in your shop, etc that you can attach a hoist I suggest one that is available from JC Whitney for $50. I use it for my 60" walkbehind as well as my Ferris ZTR. It will lift until the rear of the mowers hit the ground.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000162546/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000162546

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a concrete block and a brick to hold up my walk behind to change blades and the blocks were free....

8. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

I use a ATV or motor cycle jack. Works great and allows me plenty of room to change blades.
    Pete

9. bwilder10h

my walk behind was a breeze to get under... the stander being so much heavier in the front makes things much more difficult...

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jack all the way! Back when I first started I would drive it up on the side of the trailer ramp but I thought that I looked like I wasn't very professional. You will get a lot of looks from people as they drive by when you are in front of their neighbor's house.