1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How I got more calls for aeration than ever before in one week

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by corey4671, Oct 6, 2012.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Gimme a few weeks. I've got one in mind for leaf cleanup but I need some more leaves to fall first....it's gonna be a classic
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How did you get this texting thing? What company are you using?

3. corey4671

www.theyardboy dot net. Send me an email
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. corey4671

Had a lady text in last night wanting an estimate for herself and four neighbors. I know some of you guys think this is a bunch of hype, but it's WORKING. People want info on the go, at least in my area they do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. corey4671

Since I invoice with PayPal, I get them to text me their email address and I bill them for the work. Never see them, work gets done, they pay the bill. It's all good tater.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

If I wanted to create a text code for advertising, how would I go about doing so?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. corey4671

Go to my website and send me an email. www dot theyardboy dot net
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. cmturner

cmturner LawnSite Member

Our you just using the M-card package or do you have one of the bigger set ups for this. Great idea by the way.

9. corey4671

I started out with the Mcard for a few months and then stepped up to the Iconnect plan. I have about 140 people opted in to my network. I send out one message a week. Right now, I'm promoting aeration. I attach my aeration youtube video that they can watch right there on their mobile phone. In about a week, I'm going to start promoting leaf cleanups. I'm working on a short video for that one as well. My part time help will once again be the "star" of the show...:laugh: just like he was here...http://youtu.be/5VSPIH3ce28

10. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

haha, somehow when I saw the Yard Boy I was thinking of a young kid:laugh: Cool vid, though!