1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how i got started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fordsrule, May 29, 2004.

1. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

How about a blower fordsrule??

2. fordsrule

fordsrule LawnSite Member

I havent really had a use for one just yet. I guess it would speed things up for when I have to get the grass of side walks. I dont really need it for leaves I just bag them with the lawn mower.

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

You'll need 1 for fall cleanups if you are planning to do them. My echo 750 has paid for its self time and time again

4. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the truck. I have a '91 SR5 and I love it. If you still haven't gotten a trimmer yet, get a commercial grade. I started out with a weed eater and it was heavy and did not cut very well. I've been using a RedMax for a while now and it's the best trimmer I've ever used. I've also used various echo trimmers as well but I like the RedMax a lot better.

5. fordsrule

Thanks Loneman the trucks great. I'm still looking for a trimmer and am open for ideas I will look at the redmax trimmers soon.

6. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

How many lawns now?

7. fordsrule

I have 4 regular lawns and an extra if my brother doesnt mow the one he susposed to

out of the 4 regular lawns i do 2 are every week and 2 are every other week. I'd like to get more but I jsut do this on the weekend and when it rains its tough to make time during the week because of school and my involvment on the auxilary to the F.D.

8. cutter green

cutter green LawnSite Member

love my ford f150 4.2 v6 161,000 mi step side . pull small traler . trimer stihl. stihl. stihl...........

9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm 17 and I run two RedMax trimmers, Bcz2600 & Bcz2400. I use 'em for everything from small lawn to 6ft. high brush with a Blade on it. They never let me down

I paid $250 for the 2400 & about $330 for the 2600 at Imperial Services in Billerica MA.

Good equipment is an investment that will make you money. Bad equipment will cost you in the long run. Save up and get the best you can.:waving:

10. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

save up $20.00 little guy and buy a sthil or a echo from home chepo