How I miss the green grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

oh, how I miss the green grass.

Hpim0520.jpg

2. tiedeman

from earth

I would even take a burnt lawn, like below

Hpim04022.jpg

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I was out this morning checking some properties and the fescue is really starting to look good. I think I will start mowing some by the 15th. payup payup

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you tiedeman, I cant wait to start the season again. Warm weather, making money, no snow, and best of all for me is no more college for a while.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was out this morning too filling up my sander getting ready for 7+ inches of snow :rolleyes:

6. tiedeman

from earth

ya, time this storm is done on Tuesday, we are supposed to get anywhere between 8 to 16 inches of snow

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I live a little further south downstate tiedeman. I guess we are looking at anywhere from 4-8" by Tuesday, maybe closer to 10" depending on the wind off Lake Huron if this storm backtracks around like they think it might, get a little lake effect but that even usually doesn't effect me where I am at. Pretty warm today too, I guess around 33 degrees so it may not stick for a while. I am betting I end up on the shorter end, but I can always use the snowblowing money, hopefully 2 stops worth and a couple $300+ in my pocket. Gosh I need the extra cash as year 1 was not nearly as successful as I thought or hoped it would be. :cry:

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking football field there Troy.

9. tiedeman

from earth

thanks. I think that I am doing that again this year. Last year I bowed out of it because of communication errors on their part not having the gate unlocked for me and I was sick of waiting 20 to 30 mins for them to open it. BUt I have talked with 2 board members, and 3 coaches, and they have basically said that I have it for this year

10. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

I am so glad I am further south where we hardly ever deal with any snow. Just more grass cutting! Some winters no snow...others maybe two/three times to deal with it...at least I think it is a good thing...