How I transformed an Avg Lawn into a Tropical Paradise in 30 Days

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cpel2004, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I need your feedback my landscape Professor gave me this assignment. I appreciate all of your responses. Please try to be as serious as possible.

What if your were asked to transform your clients yard in 30 days into a lush green paradise. What are the first 5 steps you would take, besides the obvious of ripping everything out and starting from scratch. Thanks
  2. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

Just personal opinion, assuming that its in a neighborhood, I would scout out the other houses on the block to get some ideas on how to make it fit in but then I would go one step higher and do some sort of a water feature or something to make it stand out above the rest. I would try to make it so that the maintenace cost would be low since they're probably spending quite a bit on the initial install. I would put in annuals and flowering bushes that bring out different colors of the house at different times of the year. thats about all i can think of at the moment but the biggest things I look at is bringing out the colors of the house, fitting in the area, and making it a little step above the other houses.