How important is being a few square feet off?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ptjackson, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

I know that companies that do treatments change by the square footage. Is this usually a strict rule or do you usually have some standard rates? I ask because we've created this Free tool to help businesses like yours. Some companies charge and we do it for free. I think it's pretty accurate within a few square feet.

I posted in general green discussion and the response was pretty good. I'd love to hear what people in this forum think
  2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

I tried it but after I type in the address and click "Go" nothing happens. Like no link is being clicked. I'm on a MacBook Pro and using Google Chrome
  3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Did not work here either. Windows 7 IE8
  4. ptjackson

Thanks. I was trying to figure out what problem you might be having and why it still worked for me. then I remembered at first we ask for your location, since when you bring up the map we show a map of the current location. So if you haven't clicked okay it doesn't work. New Browsers (chrome and ie 8) are the only ones that support this. Here is an image. Maybe we should just get rid of that part
  5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

6. ptjackson

Thanks Green IA. that's great feedback. We know it's not a one size fits all solution. We could add a topo option if that helps at all, to show you changes in elevation. Nothing beats on onsite visit for sure, but maybe it gives you some kind of idea if you have a customer on the phone. We'll begin working the teleportation app tomorrow :) j/k

Like I've said many times. I'm here to listen as well as talk so when people take the time to give me feedback I try and learn from it. Thx
  7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

like i've said i see it as a great reference tool. I actually just used it the other day doing a large industrial park bid. There were way to many large lawns and islands in between the road ways to measure individually. It was much easier to measure online, and then drive trough the site and make adjustments to the measurements for the obstacles you couldn't see. Had we measured it all by hand it would have taken three of us a couple of days. So like I said your app definitely has its place.