how important is business name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mayhem69, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

You might give it some extreme thought. I extremely disagree that "a lot of companies have words in their name that do not mean anything". I think extremely few companies have meaningless names.

2. Natural

Natural LawnSite Member

I agree. Many names are very thought out

3. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

wow! is 1line at a time your real business name? that surely is original and very risky, imo, you sound like a cocaine addict or something, LOL,
    just kidding! but it is the first thing i thought of.
    I guess just goes to show name doesnt mean too much!
    There are alot of silly lawn, landscape names that some people think are great and others dislike, all matter of opinion, imo!
    examples
    lawn barbers
    lawn rangers
    Quality anything is really bad!
    3 initials is just as bad!

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't go wrong useing your last name. One reason is no matter who uses it it is your right to use your last name. A law suit years ago about a guy named Midas having a muffler shop. The Midas chain sued and it was determined by the supreme court he could use his last name for his business. In my college business classes this was talked about in great depth. I will just say I got this from the classes. Several well known companys have names that are really boring and it doesn't seem to matter. Wal-Mart, SouthWest, Lazy-boy and the list goes on and on.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Two lines at a time is more like it! hahahahaha

PARTY!!!!!!!

6. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

I think you are extremely wrong, imo!!
    think im going to keep Green Extreme!!
    i think its extremely original, imo!!

7. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Not so fast. Maybe, maybe not. For instance if someone has a last name like "Dziatcak", it would be constantly "murdered", (i.e. mispronounced and/or misspelled.) :nono::hammerhead:

8. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

It is original and it is too cool and radical. In fact I love it. It would be a great name for a video game.

The question is; what will your potential customers think?

Maybe you should go with eXtreme Green Mayhem.
    Now that is what everyone wants on their property.

9. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

you really should google what extreme means, it means to most, "a lot of"
    and i did run this name by probably at least 100 + people, cause its been my name for about 2 yrs. doing light side work, most everyone loves it and they have commented so!
    So tell me what is wrong with "a lot of" or "maximum" Green?
    I dont think anything.
    Also i might put my first name in front of it, i think that would be even better and more personable.
    reaching a high or the highest degree; very great.
    "extreme cold"
    synonyms: utmost, very great, greatest, greatest possible, maximum, maximal, highest, supreme, great, acute, enormous, severe, high, exceptional, extraordinary More

10. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.