1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how important is business name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mayhem69, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayhem69

mayhem69 LawnSite Member

thanks for that link!!
    plenty of info. to back up my great business name!
  2. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Good article Trees!

Mayhem, i am just giving you my opinion, please ignore it if you want to. I do know what the word means.

To me the word extreme sounds immature.

Also, it goes over the top. I do not believe someone if they tell me that they will be extremely punctual, extreme quality, or extremely affordable. It just sounds like fluff (over exaggerated).

If you are selling your services to teenagers, then it is a great name, if you are selling your services to middle aged folks like me, we aint buying.

Best luck to you Mayhem, and my extreme best wishes.
  3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I would stay away from the hokey/cheesey or cool catchy names. They're great for now, but imagine if you grew to 10 employees. And you're called GreeneXtreme.

Notice the difference in GreeneXtreme,blades of glory, etc,and something like Landscape Services Incorporated. Outdoor Enterprises, Landmark Lawn & Landscape Inc (my business).

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Definition of extreme.

Remember: Once you register the company name with the State, that's it!
  5. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

How about GreeneScene?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, no need to continue calling other members names, etc. asking for opinions on a biz name and attacking others when opinions, suggestions, etc. are given is not necessary either

closing this one down...thanks all :waving:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.