How Important Is the Standon Platform for a Dingo Track Loader

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by DavidNJ, Feb 14, 2011.

1. DavidNJ

DavidNJ LawnSite Senior Member

It was an option. Adding 200+ lbs at the rear would seem to significantly increase the load capacity while keeping the operator out of the mud.

Is it necessary?

[​IMG]

2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

i prefer not to use them they tend to drag dirt when the ground is rough, but i don't use dingos that often. And i can tell ya it's a pita for digging out basements with them hanging off the back, my knees were so banged up from that thing i went and bought knee pads during lunch that day.

3. DavidNJ

That was a no for the platform?

I'm concerned that taking the 200# of the operator off the back reduces the machine's capacity.

4. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

to me its important especially if you are traveling moving materials. But your right it helps to have the extra weight to act as a counter weight. I would suggest getting the one that toro makes that folds up nice and neat.

5. DavidNJ

The Dingo platform replaces the rear counterweights. At $500-600, these things aren't cheap.

[​IMG]

6. pikewillis1

pikewillis1 LawnSite Member

By adding a stand platform to your Dingo, you act as a counterwieght and you can lift more. The forkster platform (the picture at the top) is a lot less bouncy than the Toro model, thus less banging of the knees when digging basements

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i wouldn't have it any other way.. weve moved trees with 3 guys standing on the back as counterweights.. but when its in the up position it does beat the crap out of your knees...

8. DavidNJ

It looks like the platforms could dig into asphalt or pavers, especially going over curbs. Is that the case?

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I've never ran one on our toros. It would add more length in tight areas as well. I wouldn't count on it to carry more weight while someone is on it. If that person gets off or falls off, you have a whole other problem on your hands now with the machine tipping forward.

10. MeandMyself

MeandMyself LawnSite Member
    from GA

The whole platform issue with Dingos led me to purchase a Boxer variable track years ago. It wasn't that I didn't like the Dingo, but we use ours like a log skidder some times in some rough areas. A folding or lightweight platform would have been totally demolished by now, and there was no way I was going to pay that much for something and walk behind it.