How is business lately????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by JDSKIDSTEER, Nov 15, 2008.

1. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering, with all the doom a gloom from the stock and housing markets how business is elsewhere in the country?

Here most of my customers are steady, some say they are swamped, and then there are those who may not make it through the winter.

As far as my part in sales, it was pretty steady up until August and September when we normally slow down anyway. October was worst I have seen in 8 years. November is going to be one of my best months this year.

What about you guys?

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's been s...........l..........o............w.

3. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

General Motors is pulling out of my town next month, and most think there not going to reopen this plant. So things are slower than they have been since 1981. All my working life I have never had to drive more than 20 minuets to a job, that is probably going to change. There are some great deals on used houses from the G.M. people relocating, making my new houses not look so good. You would never be able to tell going out on the town, people are still eating and shopping, credit, credit and more credit, that's what people are living of now days.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

It brings a whole new meaning to slow here... havent had any work in who knows how long...

5. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat ron that new cat is f**king hilarious reminds me of the bar fly's around here.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Its SLOW

Like I have said before nobody has seen it this bad even in the 90s recession there was work.

7. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

last couple of weeks have been slow but monday im starting a big job 4,000 sq ft of pavers then i have a few trees i have to put in for the city so i will be busy for the next few weeks then hopefully it snows :usflag:

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

booked up untill mid decemeber. got a ton of work for next year already.. the economy i think is what you make of it...

9. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had a slow few weeks after the market tanked..Booked out 3-4 weeks now. Any excavator guys need help with landscaping jobs
    I am here for you.

10. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I have about 2 to 3 weeks worth of work to do before it snows. I have around $50000 worth lined up for spring.

J.