How is everyone doing this year so far?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Jun 14, 2012.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I am up this year, business is more consistent. Many other local contractors are experiencing the same. How are you all doing thus far?

2. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Hitting singles but no home runs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Business as usual...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm doing awesome!!! I have only done a few small repairs. And I am good with that.

5. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Busier than a one armed paper hanger.

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we continue to do ok to well, but I would love more work. My area just does not place a value on lighting. although we have over 500,000 folks in my 2 county metro area, which should translate into a 5-10000 base of homes to take a strike at, in the dozen or so high value neighorhoods we work in, only one out of 20-30 homes has any professional lighting done. well over half the homes are completely pitch black at night. driving though those same neighborhoods, it looks like we have done over half the pro lighting jobs in those neighborhoods, and most in the last 4 years.

doing the math in my head, it looks like it will take us at least 100 years to get these neighborhoods looking like they do in Dallas, Houston, st. louis, etc, where 50-75% of the high value homes seem to all have very nice uplighting on the home and trees.

7. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Life and business is good in central Texas

8. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Tommy,

I have been patiently waiting for the right time to re-enter. I'm thinking of giving her a full-time go next summer.

Mike :)

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Doing very well for just starting back up. I have a couple projects looming that will set me for the winter if they go this summer or fall. All in all, very good.

10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Tim, That is great to hear!!