How is everyone tracking on their business plans in 2007?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieFerris, Aug 10, 2007.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Last year we grossed $225k, up 62% from the 2005 campaign and in 2007, I set the bar high again , aiming for over 305k, again with about a 60% growth percentage. As of the end of July's billing cycle, we are on pace for exactly that number gross, about 300k plus. I have had a few more repairs to pay for this year than originally budgeted, but picked up a few fall landscapes that will more than offset that. How is everyone else doing?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Maintenance is boomng this year, but I must say that we are down on installs. Think everyone is a little scared with the economy and just seems people aren't spending like they would normally. We'll see what happens for the remainder of the season. :)

3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Definetly the same here. You dont see installs by anyone in the area like you used to.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am in the midwest and here I have noticed alot of people are getting material themselves and maybe having us lay the block or trench in the edgers but nothing big this year. Economy here seems pretty decent but it goes to show everyone is alittle scared of "what" might lay ahead.

5. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Plus, I think people pulled alot of equity out of there homes in the early 2000's with those low home equity rates.

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm actually down bout 8% from last year ....but that's kinda expected after 10 years in the same location ....n I've shrunk my work area to 5 mile radius ....less work ....same $$

I see all the newbies cutting every weekend trying to beat the rain n heat .... oh well ...my week ended around 2 today ... the guys were beat

I've been turning down new work this year anyways ....got other business plans in the future

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm keeping the lights on :clapping:

8. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

i'm up to $4.5 million so far for this season, so i figured i'd play on the computer @ 11:16 on a (friday)