how is fall cleaning going

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Dec 20, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I am not doing to good with fall cleaning. Almost everyone is saying that i am to high for example 1/4 lot with light leave cover is about $75 including all flower beds. Leaves are alot of work and right now i am having a hard time making $40 an hour. So am i to HIGH?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what equipment?

3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I can do one acre lots with a light leaf cover for about $250. i get about 60 bucks per hour. I mulch most of my leaves. I think you are pretty fair if not a bit low. You won't be able to retire at 40 with that kind of price. Are you solo?

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you. It seems that everyone wants something for nothing. Leaf cleanup sucks. Your customers should be happy that you only charge $40/hr to make their yard look good. The problem is that the customers think you put that $40 dollars straight into your pocket. I'm sick of those customers.

kc

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

here, NO ONE is going to pay you 60 per hour for leaf cleanup.... you would starve......

thats why next year im doing things different....only existing lawn customers are getting leaf cleanups,

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've been finished since we had 3" of snow on the 5th and then 9 more inches on the 9th this month...just fine with me.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

IM DONE DONE DONE!!!! Ide say your a little low if anything, just me though.

8. Reliable1

Reliable1 LawnSite Member

@40, I'm here with you in the Hampton Roads area. I say stick to your price or charge more to cover all expenses and still make a profit. If the customers want your service, they will pay. Just my .02.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Don't drop your prices, one thing I don't budge on is leaf clean ups the job is a PIA, they are paying you so they don't have to do it, stick with your pricing.

10. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

yeah i hear you all but people just dont want to pay anything and it really sucks worse then the actual leaf work which really sucks. I am only using a quick 36 and accelator bag and mulch kit. The only thing i need is a redmax because my blower sucks when it comes to blowing out thick flower beds. husky 145bt.