1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How is Honda GX25, GX31 compare to best commercial 2 cycles in longivity?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by yungman, Apr 1, 2008.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

How does Honda small 4 cycle GX25, GX31 and GX35 compare with best 2 cycle engines from Echo, Redmax and Stihl regarding reliability and longivity?

Many of the top 2 cycle engines have chrome plated or impregnated cylinder lining. I cannot find any information on Honda small 4 cycle engines. Do they have any of the special lining?

I bought the HHT31S trimmer mainly because it is a push rod OHV engine that don't have timing belt. Should I be concern with GX25 and GX35 which have timing belt.

Reason I ask because I bought the Honda HHT31S trimmer. I already order the Mantis with Honda GX25 engine. I am planning to get a short reach hedge clipper by buying the Husqvarna 324LD multi-tool head and combine with the short reach articulate hedge clipper to complete my equipment list. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

I am very good in changing oil. I average changing oil on my trimmer every 5 to 10 hours max. I do wash the foam air cleaner, dry and put motor oil in. So maintenance would not be an issue.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

No comments??