How is my website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by inzane, Jan 11, 2013.

1. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.sharplawnsturf.com

i finally added my blog back, wondering if anybody has trouble loading it? i had problems in the past but godaddy did something when i called to get it running faster, (linux based server from windows.. or something like that) I wish the blog looked more like my site, i think i'll have to purchase the template to change colors, but i'm looking for another one.

I did an ad banner that i plan on changing every so often at key times that i am offering a seasonal deal or service..

as far as SEO, my site is hanging around first page for search for lawn care and lawn mowing in my general area.. i guess its better than nothing.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Unfortunately it does seem to be taking a long time to load. I would guess about 20 sec, seemed like forever.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Loads fast for me. I like it.clean and snappy.

4. inzane

the blog loads slow? thats about the only thing i noticed loading slow every now and then, its been loading way better than it was. supposedly there are plug-ins to make the wordpress blog run better with godaddy but i really don't know which ones.

5. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing ran slow for me. You did forget to put a space after some commas on a few pages. Other than that it looks really good.

6. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Yes, the blog took forever to load.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. inzane

that sucks, i've been thinking of switching from godaddy to something else. there was one day when my site wouldn't load period.. for a half day.. thats when i called them and they supposedly got it working. however, wordpress has never worked good with it. i'm open for suggestions.. I would like a faster loading blog.. but don't know what other options i have.

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

In the last two weeks, I've seen nothing but bad page loads when checking out a few GoDaddy Wordpress sites. Yours is sporadic right now. One of the Lawnsiters was showing minute+ page load times for a low-impact WP blog. That particular WP site was on a shared IP with 800+ (from memory) other sites, so who knows exactly where the issue was coming from. Yours is on with 627 other sites.

One potential issue with shared IPs, beyond taxed resources, is the potential to fall victim to those you share with. For what it's worth, your IP address features a marijuana "strain bank".

9. lawnrich

lawnrich LawnSite Member

My godaddy site seems to load fast I think 1.8 sec when checked yesterday. I think 3.5 is considered average. Is godaddy no good.

www.richardsyardcare.com

10. lawnrich

lawnrich LawnSite Member

Your site and blog loaded fine for me.:clapping: