1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How is the economy affecting your business?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ALC LANDSCAPING, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ALC LANDSCAPING

ALC LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I have been in the hardscaping business a little over 15 years now and things have been up and down ( mostly down scenes 2009 ) . This time of year I always have 4 or 5 jobs booked for spring and this year I only have 3 jobs on the calendar. It may be the hard winter we are getting that has people spending more on fuel oil or other winter experience affecting things.
    Do you guys see things being a little slower also?

2. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

You are not alone....many of my clients are going through the same, but they are putting out some more estimates than the last few years. We are hoping, like you, that when the snow melts people will open their wallets.

At the very least, there will be a lot of repair work going on when the snow melts and the flood waters recede..

3. Natural

Natural LawnSite Member

We're starting to get into the season and things are picking up. Hopefully all goes well. Feels a little better than last year actually

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Snows on the ground and im looking at patios! Sold a stoop and walkway already, garage slab today, still have 2 decent grading jobs to do and some concrete from last year. Very optimistic.

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

gasoline prices have risen 12 cents per gallon (nationally) over the last 7 days and they're expected to continue to go up.

6. ALC LANDSCAPING

ALC LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replys guys, Im not trying to be a downer I was just trying to get a feel for things else where.

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

And you really think that will affect any of our clients?:hammerhead:

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

All the guys at the gym must be complaining about gassing up their civics

9. DVS Hardscaper

:hammerhead: hmmmm........where do you see mention of "clients"?? :hammerhead:

10. DVS Hardscaper

lol