How is the weather affecting your business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deyoe1118, Apr 13, 2007.

1. deyoe1118

deyoe1118 LawnSite Member

With all this messy weather this week how is the weather affecting your business?
    Has anyone in the Northeast still not made it out yet?
    Midwest snow, rain...making things more and more difficult?
    Or does everyone just go out and do the work no matter what the weather?

Things are tough in the Albany, NY area for sure. 3 good days and now who knows how many bad ones are coming...

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

bin trying to get out there between storms, but with this nor-easter comin , no work till late next week now!

3. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

I worked on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was just drying out, I did 5 spring clean-ups. I have many more. I do not know when I can get back to them. I have to put my snow plow back on tomorow. I am regretting my snowplow business. It is a lot of hassle. I need to start making some money. I am going broke fast!

4. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

I've been doing spring clean ups since the last week of March. The weather has been awful but I just keep working through it. I'm about 90% finished with them and next week was supposed to start my first week of mowing. I'll be lucky to get half of them cut. The grass isn't growing and the ground is wet but my Ferris walk behind will be out there soon. Guys with riders are going to have to wait longer until the ground dries up a little more.

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I've finished all of my cleanups, I'll probably start mowing the last week in April (grass is starting to grow here, but really won't need to be cut until the last week of April or forst week of May). I've got the week after next off from School, I'll be in Texas :cool2: to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin for the 1st half of the week, then have topsoil jobs and mowing to do for the 2nd part of the week!

6. mkwl

You're going to start MOWING next week?!?:dizzy: My lawns here aren't really even growing yet, and you're like 4hrs NW of me- aren't you supposed to get SNOW up there from this storm?:hammerhead:

7. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

i'm starting mowing on monday if it does not rain

8. mkwl

Dude, you have a 90% chance of SNOW for your area on Monday- what are you going to cut, SNOW?!?:dizzy:

9. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I saw guys cutting today, not really sure what they were cutting though the only thing I saw was dust flying. Most of the yards I cut will be ready to cut in 2 weeks, only some next week and even that could be left for 2 weeks. Plus next week there showing high 40's to low 50's, so it won't be growing to quick.

10. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

The snow will stay to the south of me in the higher elevations, if anything we will get rain