How is your booking?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 23, 2008.

?

How is your current booking?

1. Great, no problems.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. OK... still needs a little work but getting there.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Booking? What's that?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, trying to do a poll and don't exactly know how, but the question is do you guys feel that you have a handle on your booking?

We started this year as our first year and things took off faster than we expected and as I am sure most of you are thinking, the books became a jumbled up mess in a hurry. We have now gotten most everything back in seperate piles to kind of get an idea of what is going on. We have a few holes to fill in and I finally have someone with experience and that I trust who is taking over and is going to put everything in its rightful place.

As of right now I work everyday to get things done that I should be able to do in a week, every 6 weeks. Once everything is back in order I will then be able to grow and manage the main and biggest aspects of my business that have basically been bypassed and causing me to have to spend more money on uncertain products.

Now that things are basically under control I am getting through this next treatment and will be able to work on my own products finally. Along with being able to have the proper reports and paperwork to really know what all is going on with the business.

So... how is everyone else doing with their books? And did you have the same problem starting out? Do you have the same problem now? Do you do your books or do you have someone that handles it for you?

2. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Do you mean Bookkeeping? Or Scheduling (booking) customers?

I guess you mean bookkeeping, but you are talking about getting work done...so I thought I'd ask.

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

well both really, I kind of put the two together. Bookkeeping to me is scheduling, taking payments, sending out bills, everything.

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'm not too bad at booking. I still have a little work to do setting lines in the right place, but I can set an over/under like no other!!! I'm pretty good at picking winners too. haha Ok, ok, I know. Not that type of booking. I'm alright at the other type of booking (bookkeeping) too.