1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How large to grow?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by klsgc, Mar 27, 2013.

1. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

We are about to start year five and will approach the half a mill mark if not go over it this year. I will staff about 10 - 12 guys this year anywhere from 20-40 hours. By 2015 I want to be doing over a million in our combined markets by 2017 I want to be at a million in each market so 3 million total.
  2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

not to be "that guy" but your revenue per employee is way out in left field.
  3. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

a good friend of mine splits his time between his home here where his business is and the other time he is in CO. When he is gone, he looks at 7 reports every morning to see his 'dashboard' and clocks out after he sees those.

how can you make that assumption? Its like saying everyone who likes seeing rainbows is queer. Just because you love this industry doesnt mean you have to be the one doing the work. Again, its all about training others to do your job one day.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Revenue per employee is only about 42,000. Not unusual--if fact, a good fert spraying outfit should hit about 100,000 per lawn tech. Of course, you need a couple office people to answer the phones and post the charges and credit the checks, and perhaps a mechanic or assistant manager.
  5. klsgc

klsgc LawnSite Member

Yes. Way out of wack. We r 200k per employee. I couldnt pay overhead plus employee expenses plus product off of 100k per I know of guys that gross even more than that.
    size=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/size]
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  6. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

Let me clarify we do a wide range of services. Not just apps.