1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How long before dropping deck??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Jun 30, 2004.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I might win the idiot of the day award!
    Did the whole perimeter and water front (about 8 min.) and realized that the deck was still in the up position. Has anybody else done this or am I the only dork?
    In my defence the Z is still kind of new to me and have only used WBs up to now.
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes it will take me 5 minutes or 2-3 passes before I realize it. I always hope that nobody was watching.
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

atleast you didnt have it in the down positon.....

RADMAN LawnSite Member

Better to have it up and thank it is down then to have it down and think it is up!
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We have to cut some of our St. Aug with the deck in the "travel" position .... it's just so tall
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Been there, done that...s*** happens LOL.

Doopiest thing I ever did was change blades in the field one day on one of my 61 inch WB's. Ever see how a 61 inch WB mows with blades made for a 52 inch deck???

Talk about being a dumbazz!
  7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I catch my employees doing that almost every Monday. It is like they have totally forgotten how to mow over the weekend. Guess they killed too many brain cells. :)

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I have been guilty of leaving the deck in travel position, but I can hear the grass flying out of the chute, so if I can't hear that, I know something isn't right.
  9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, been there.......
  10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

:dizzy: Been there,more than once............................