1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how long before you receive your new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by duelling carl, Jan 25, 2012.

1. duelling carl

duelling carl LawnSite Member

I bought a Metro December 14th. I got an amazing deal and at the time he said he was only doing snow til Jan 1st then going back to turf. I paid in full and he said I was first in line. So since we've had no snow really should I be worried its been more than a month and still no mower?
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I don't have a clue what you're talking about but I didn't order a new mower so I couldn't tell ya.
  3. duelling carl

duelling carl LawnSite Member

I bought it, paid for it rather, December 14th and still don't have the mower in my possession yet. Was wondering if this is normal for a new mower purchase...
  4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Oh, I see. You bought it at a dealer and they haven't gotten it in yet? That makes sense. Give them time, it will make it's way into your garage soon enough. Plus, you won't be mowing any lawns for a couple months anyway. I'm sure they will call as soon as they get it in. I waited 2 weeks for my Scag but that was in March-April. The Metro will do you well.
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Did u buy from a dealer?
    Posted via Mobile Device

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You can't mow for a couple months anyhow so you may as well wait besides that only extends the warranty.
  7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on quite a few factors. The last couple mowers I bought had to be ordered since my dealer didn't have those models in stock. I waited about 4-5 weeks for delivery for both times I purchased a new mower, I did order in March though.

You may have to wait on the manufacturer though, they may not have many of those models available at the time for various reasons, so you may have to wait until tbey have more produced.

I would not worry about the time length right now, as the dealer has to go through his distributor who has to go through the manufacturer to get the product. Keep in tough with your dealer but I wouldn't worry.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

If it is a reputable dealer, I wouldn't be concerned, but hey, why not just give them a call and ask when you can expect delivery?
  9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

LOWTHERS? I got nothing but praise. They get very very large orders in Feb and early March. Like 200 units. Now Laurel if thats where you went I dont have experience with them
  10. billythekid

billythekid LawnSite Senior Member

might be remotely helpful but when i talked to our exmark dealer they said they sold a bunch of metros this year so perhaps they don't have them in stock or they might have only had 2011 models and are giving you a 2012 (if that's even a factor).