How long did it take to reach your 1st $100k a year, YEAR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin Graham (KG), Aug 28, 2000.

1. Kevin Graham (KG)

Kevin Graham (KG) LawnSite Member

How long did it take to reach your 1st $100k a year, YEAR!
    Im sure you BIG-timers have sur-pass that many times over, but how long did it take for your 1st :)100k a year, year?

If not $100k then what about...

If you have not reach that point, do you expect to and when 4,5,6yrs into the bizz???? just asking!

[Edited by Kevin Graham (KG) on 08-28-2000 at 06:57 AM]

2. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

We reached the 100k level few years back. My goal is to try to gross about 50k more each year(we did 154k last yr)to the point where im at about 250k. At that point Ill probably level out....the profit margins go down as your company excedes this point. My goal is not to have the largest company and the most toys...rather large profits that I can invest. By going at it this way, ultimatly my investments will be paying me while I sleep.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Probably the most brilliant 1st post I've ever read.

Agree 100%.

4. I net after expenses before taxes over twice my regions
    average yearly wages in 8 months by the fruits of my own
    labor (no employees).

You need one million in sales to make the owner 100g's net.
    Labor overhead and assorted red tape BS eat up all the profits.

5. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

No.

Most of the guys I know that make $100,000 net income have a gross of 250-400,000.

6. Kevin Graham (KG)

Kevin Graham (KG) LawnSite Member

Stoan,
    I agree with Kent, if you only pocket $100k (net) from a million dollars(gross) something is terribly wrong, big time! i mean, you are only getting 10 cent off every dollar you earn. Man, thats the worst $100k i've ever heard of...

[Edited by Kevin Graham (KG) on 08-29-2000 at 01:41 AM]

7. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Mr. Stone according to my calculations you must be making $60/hr on average 10 hrs/day 5 days/week 8 mo/yr to clear 100k before tax's. CHA CHING . Great job. If you can do that send me an e-mail I would like to buy you dinner and find out how you do this. I am in southeast Pa can't be anymore than 1 1/2 hrs from the farthest points in Jersey.

8. Kent Lawns

from Midwest

No 100,000 a year is a bad 100,000. (Unless you live on the East Coast, then it's poverty level!)

9. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

You probalby wont believe me but my second year i only made about 16K. This year if things go well in the last couple of months, then i expect to reach between 45 to 50K.

I had a good year.

Acute Cut

10. EarthWorks

EarthWorks LawnSite Member

1st year 75k. second 170k. Looking for 300k in 6th year. Probably won't make it but it keeps me trying. Set high goals!