How long did it take..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Jul 10, 2000.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the responses guys! (yes you too Charles :) hehe) Definitely boosted my feelings for doing this.

2. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Also made this my ONLY source of income this yr. after 6 yrs as part time-<br>when the spring rush hit & I was swamped at mid may, I knew it was good. Only thing to see is how the winter months pan out. Planning on a factory job or other to supplement the sporadic snowfall here in Ohio. Like toroguy, felt like &quot;shouldn't I be at work somewhere?&quot; during the day. That quickly changed when I found my self making a weeks pay at the factory in ONE good day at mowing with just the 2 of us at a 9 hr. day. Not bad for first year full time (at least for me). Keep up the good work & DON'T LET THE WORLD SWAY YOU INTO THINKING YOU HAVE TO DO IT LIKE EVERBODY ELSE!!!! If you do, then you'll be as miserable as the working stiff.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

3. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

I remember when I took the &quot;plunge&quot; and quite my good and guaranteed paycheck full time job that I hated. I was scared to death................but after 3 days the word spread that &quot;I was taking on more customers&quot; (I had done lawn care on the side for a year) and that full time job was nothing but a distant memory. I'd at least have a good customer base before giving up a regular job.

4. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

I STARTED PLANING MY BUSINESS LAST FEBUARY.<br>THREE LINE AD IN THE LOCAL PAPER, VOICEMAIL ON MY PHONE AND BANG!THE WORK JUST PILES IN<br>COULD I QUIT MY 40HR &quot;REGULAR&quot; JOB? YOU BET YOUR BUNTON I COULD! YOU GO! BEST OF LUCK!<p>----------<br>mark<br>