How Long Did Quick Books Take You?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got an older version of quickbooks (2002). This is intense. I dont need all of these features, but how long did it take you to set up quickbooks, and is it worth the initial cost in time once you have it set up?

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have Pro 2004 I am hoping to get a lesson or three on this myself....
  3. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

For now just figure out what you need and discard the rest. Then when you are on the john take the manual as reading material and learn what else is possible.

It's just like any new program it'll take a few hours to get used to everything and find you way around, but then you'll be ok.

One thing I do when learning a new program is set up a fake business then just start clicking buttons and see where you end up.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I kinda decided to stick with microsoft money as it appears to be more user friendly, and a newer version.

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

There is already a fake business in QB and it is a landscaping one at that. At least the one in QB Pro Contractor 2004 it is. It took me about a year to get to know the basics of QB but I am old and slow. LOL What got me going in the right direction right from the start was I found a QB certified accountant that was willing to come to my house and help me set it up. Thats the ticket IMO. Then you just make your daily entries and your good to go on the basics. You can then learn more about job costing and other neat features as you get more comfortable with QB.