1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how long did u study for the test?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Apr 8, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how long did u guys study for the pest test? my friends took the test, one studied 6 months, the other studied 2 months
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You mean to tell us that you have friends? ;)
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you know , i'm gonna report u to a moderator, that's abusive behavior
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

when I took my test I studied about 1-2 hours a day for 2 months
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I took a 2 1/2 day class and took the test on the last day.
  6. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I looked over the manuals for a hour or two. I mostly relied on my experience I learned over the years and asking questions. I passed test in 3 different states using this technique.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i rubbed the book on my head to absorb the knowledge
  8. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

I studied off and on for appr 4 days and then crammed for 2 days prior to the actual test;passed on the 1st attempt -I'd been in the business for some time so it wasn't too bad
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Reading the replies here does say much for your State tests. Maybe That is why I see so many Question here that I feel a Certified Operator should know. Now Florida is Famous for having the Hardest test in the nation. However Florida is also the Bug Capital of the Nation. Fungus and fertilizer are also an issue here. Our sandy soil does not hold chemical very well.

Think People before you admit your tests are toooo easy. What does that say about you chosen professions.
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Aren't you curious to find out how long bobby studied for his?