how long do hydro pumps last on a z mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Feb 18, 2008.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

I'VE HEARD A SOME FEEDBACK THAT SOME DON'T LAST AS LONG AS OTHER'S,, I JUST HAD ONE REPLACED ONLY HAD 80 HR'S,, BUT IT WAS A DEFECT ON THE PUMP,,JUST A BAD SEAL ,,IT HAD A SMALL LEAK,, THE PUMP WAS REPLACED WITH A NEW PUMP,, WHAT DO THEY MEAN A LIMITED WARRENTY ? WHAT IS THE AVERAGE LIFE ON A Z MOWER? I'VE SEEN MACHINE'S WITH OVER 900 TO 1000 HRS AN STILL GOING STRONG,,,:confused:

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple of mowers with over 3000 hrs on them. One of them still operates as new and one lost about 30% of its top speed, but still works OK. Most hydros will outlast 2 aircooled engines.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I have 1 lazer with 1600 hours on it and had to replace 1 pump cuz the pulley came loose and the seal was leaking. pump is still fine but i wasn't going to chance being dead in the field. I've been on machines with 2000 hrs with original pumps and then my newest lazer blew a pump after about 250 hrs. You never really know. Lately I feel like everything I've bought was made at 4:45 on a friday afternoon before a long weekend. I prefer parker pumps over the others.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Depends on brand of mower, size and type of wheel motor, size of mower engin, type of mowing conditions you work in, and the opperators respect for the equipement. The flater the ground you mow, the longer your hydro system will last. Limited Warrenty: means that once an original part has been replaced by the mower manufacture under warrenty, the new part is then warrentied by the part manufacture. Whitch is usually 30-90 days.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as I saw this post I thought of you Gene, you have definately had more experience with replacing hydro parts than most.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Hi Lance,
    Education cost money, one way or another, most of the time. I got 1200 hours on my Hustler hydro system sence the change over. I think I got it figured out, finially. I only use it for the vac system now.