1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How long do you have on yours????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Feb 3, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Just kinda curioes to see how many hours you guys have managed to get out of your mowers and that they are still running great!!!! On my rider i have about 750 and it still runs great!!! So how many hours do you have?:waving:
  2. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

1999 toro 44" ztr 1580 hrs, still runs like new
  3. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

2004 Exmark Laser........700 hours and can't tell any drop in power or difference in handling from when it was new.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My Dixie has a Kohler EFI 28 HP engine with 398 hours and it runs great. My previous Dixie had a Kohler 25 with 1200 hours and it ran great as long as it didn't blow head gaskets.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

2004 exmark tt 60" 23 kaw 570 hrs have done a thing to it
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The longest that I ever got out of an engine was about 575hrs.
  7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

My machine has no hour meter, but has 8 seasons. I know how much I've used it from season to season, and I think it has at least 7,500 hours. The engine has been replaced one time, at end of the first four seasons. The current one has four seasons, and I thought it would need replacing at the end of 2005, but still is OK. This means it has at least 3,500 hours. My major concern are the hydro pumps and wheel motors -- nothing has been done to them, other than an annual fluid change. It is an Exmark Viking, 36" with 15hp Kohler, single cylinder.
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

no way you are putting almost 1K hrs per year....
    more likely less than 500....

here we only get 400 or so on a machine per yer and have large accounts and mow 30 weeks per year
  9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

A 1994 JD comm. 14 hp kaw. 2300 hrs. still going strong !!!! nothing done but changing oil every 100 hrs.
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah 1k a year in hours? thats too much I can see 500 to 700 and that if its running pretty much all day every day.
    There is no reason why you shouldn't get 2-3k on an engine.IMO It's just a matter of a good preventative maintenance program. In my mowers I use a heavier oil in the hottest months of summer and I keep them clean constantly.