How long do your fall cleanups last?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r_snowrider, Aug 5, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

When do your fall cleanups usually start, and how long do they last on average?

2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Mid October till the begiining of November. Go out and get them done before the snow hits.

3. r_snowrider

I like your quote. I like the taste of horse meat as well. Just kidding my good man. Thanks for your reply.

4. r_snowrider

I second your quote. I like the taste of horse meat as well. Just kidding my good man. Thanks for your reply.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Somewhere between Mid-October-to-End-October all the way into January for me. I would do it longer, but after about mid-january the leaves really suck, they're all stubbornly embedded in the grasss and hard as *&^% to get out and the ONLY customers I still would do at that time are ones I didn't get a chance to get to earlier, not because they didn't call. Far as I'm concerned, if they didn't call me before End-of-year, then leaves are not important... I DO give estimates for leaves after January but have never gotten the job - Guess I was right, leaves just are not important to those folk... Fact is, they ALL think it's going to be cheap but once the leaves have been rained and snowed on, it is anything but cheap.

Usually by Halloween (31.oct) they're falling real good but they DO start to fall as early as september - still I don't worry about the pre-cum leaves, the mower takes care of that just fine, once things get heavy I get out the 10hp Billygoat push-blower, 2400 cfm of air takes care of some serious LEAVES... It better, those push-blowers ain't cheap lol, but they sure beat the crap out of them backpack tubefied air-whistles.

6. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

7. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We do cleanups into January.

8. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

We start the 1st of Nov and end the 1st week in Dec as long as there is not a lot of snow. We are located in Western Mass.

9. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Mid Oct. to mid Dec. I keep the lawns cleared while the leaves are falling then once their done falling I clean out the beds which usually runs up into Jan.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We've gone past Thanksgiving several times. If the weather (no snow) allows it, I just keep working.