1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Long Does A Proliode Wear Plate Last

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhett, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are in Florida and do very little pavement riding, 58.5 hours. That means that at 30 per plate it costs me 57 cents per hour. Have one more to burn up and will be done with them. Good ridence to a bad product. Let me know if any of you nothern guys need one. May work up there but does not work down here. Best part is it is free.
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If you dont want it I will take it when your done with it?
  3. Toro 44

Toro 44 LawnSite Member

yah, same hear how much do you want for it?
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Prefer not to ship it. But if no one close by wants it will send it.
  5. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

I told you months ago I would take it!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: I even told you I would pay for shipping!!!! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  6. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

7. Toro 44

Toro 44 LawnSite Member

I just bent mine and I'd rather buy a used one than shell out as much or more for replacement parts. That aluminum plate is like $120 at the dealer YIKES.

So name your price. Or maybe you could sell it on Ebay and let us know the listing#.

Cheers :drinkup: :drinkup:
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you guys having the slide plates made or are you buying them from the factory?

I checked with a friend and he could of made them for me for about 2-3 bucks each, but I never really got to use my proslide, little gear drive walkbehind and big ol guy don't match well.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure glad to have read this thread before I went out and bought one, I will now forever order $200 single-wheel velkes and a little bit more money pays to foam the tire with sealant. Maybe once / year replace a 25 dollar pre-sealed tire, grease it all up once / day, replace some 3-5 dollar bushings in the hitch and the trailing arm when it needs it. That, or use an inner tube and carry a bicycle repair kit along with a spare tube.
  10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

How much is "very little pavement riding?" I can get 4 seasons out of a skid plate. Grass down there must be like sandpaper.