1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How long does it take to get one of these babies, its killing me!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by syzer, Apr 9, 2006.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

So we decided a few weeks back to go the super z route. We had to unfortunately go to a new dealer who carried them. I hated to do it because our dealer and ourselves have an awesome friendship/relationship. So I went to the closest local dealer.

The fellow was really nice, the business was run by himself and his brother. We took a few mowers out on his field and tested the out. We were pretty impressed. We wanted to sleep on it. The next day first AM we called and ordered it with the Bak Vac, striping kit, and front flex forks.

I told him the night before that it was imperative that we get it ASAP though I understand he can only move as fast as the manufacturer and I don't expect miracles. Well he said two weeks MAX and most likely will be well before then, but he doesn't like to promise anything.

Well long story short, the grass is now in pretty full swing around here, and I have no mower to hit them with =(. Last Thursday was the end of the second week. I called him he tells me someone was out sick and lost the paper work and it would be here this coming week.

I am a bit upset, and feel like I am getting toyed with, but is it possible that it just takes this long to get a darn mower from the manufacturer?

Sorry for the vent, but this is killing us!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me the details.
    Your information, your dealers information and the model of mower you are buying.
    I can find out first thing in the morning.

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Details sent! Thanks a lot PJ!