How long does it take you to service 1 acre?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I keep reading that some can cut acres per hour. I don't know how you do it?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Crap... I didn't finish the post. I hit enter and it submitted.

Anyway, I have an account that is 42,000 sq. ft. It takes me 1 hour to cut, trim and blow off. It's wide open with a slight slope in front. I have a 60" Lazer. If I went any faster it would look like doo-doo.

I find that that's about my average.. 1 acre per hour... cut/trim/blow.

As a solo operator... how long does it take you to service a 1 acre account?

3. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I also average about 1 acre per hour, I have a 48" exmark walk behind and also have wondered how some are able to mow so much

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2 acre church property it takes 40 minutes. 2 acre residential takes 55 minutes because of pool area, trees, etc.

Layout of property and smoothness have a lot to do with it also.

5. Lawn-Scapes

65hoss,

Are those actual turf sizes? 2 acres in under an hour to mow/trim/blow is simply amazing.

You bring up a good point about smoothness... Just about every one of my lawns are like driving over cobble stone (literally).

What mower are you using also?

6. XOFMOT

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

what a suprise! I did an estimate today for a home owner and their property is about 50,000 square feet. I'm figuring 1.5 hours for mow, trim, blow. The best part is they want me every week until the end of October for a per visit price of $80.00! I guess it's time to get rid of my 21" Crapsman:rolleyes: .....just jokin'....got a 48" Ransomes for now, as long as it makes it thru this season I'll be happy!

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.exmark.com/productivity.htm

I run the eXmark Lazer HP 52" with 23 kawi. It runs top speed of 9.5 mph. On most all my big properties I can run it wide open. Look at the chart above, at 80% effeciency exmark says 3.99 acres per hour.

My own place is 3/4 acre with a 2000 sq ft house. I cut the back in 10 minutes, the front in 10 minutes. Front is slower because I really take my time to get the awesome strips in the zoysia.

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut a property that was approx. 54,000 sq ft. It took me 2-21/2 hrs. to cut, edge, trim and blow. Man I must be a real slowpoke. I cut it with a 48" w/b. I got $65.00 for it.

9. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

65hoss I hope you mean STRIPES
    "My own place is 3/4 acre with a 2000 sq ft house. I cut the back in 10 minutes, the front in 10 minutes. Front is slower because I really take my time to get the AWESOME STRIPS in the zoysia."

10. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

XOFMOT, you may want to bump that price a little.

I'm getting $75.00 for 58K and I spend about 1.5 hours on it.

I may just be lucky but most of my residentials run around that..