How long does your season last?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lildog132, Aug 9, 2003.

1. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

between what months do you cut? I have a 5-6 month period what I cut. I usually start between beginning of May and end half way in October. I really wish I lived somewhere where I could cut year long or at least like 9 months. Thinking about maybe moving somewhere after High School and opening a company. I'm pretty commited to this lawn mowing buisness. What do you guys think?

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We are 9 months. Spring - Fall cleanup

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same here...and we plow too.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

9-1/2 to 10 months here with Spring and Fall cleanups. Last year was only 8-1/2 months because of December's rotten weather.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Late March to Mid November.

Why move, work your tail off in the season and vacation in the winter. Ask John Gamba to show you some pics.

6. Ditto

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Growing Season ==> April thru October ==> Mowing of all turf areas once a week

Dormant Season ==> November thru March ==> Mowing of all turf areas once every other week or as needed to maintain a neat overall appearance

Approx 40-42 cuts yearly

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

In the recent past the mowing season started in mid April and lasted to about the end of October. THere is spring and fall cleanups which take it to early April through early December. Last fall, we had 4 inches of snow on Dec 2 which ended the season, and in the spring we had another snow fall on April 7th, which pushed back the start to the end of April. It varies. I calculate for 26 weeks of mowing.

:D

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually bgin clean-ups late February, and commercial mulching in March. Mowing commences sometime in April, and go thru end of October or mid November. Our fall clean-ups last thru beginning or middle of January. We take 4-6 weeks off at most, but I prefer having a few jobs to carry us through the winter when we're not plowing.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how interesting. :eek: . up here, in the better part of jersey, we start cleanups in march, mowing from april-mid october, cleanups till mid december