How long for dylox to work

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey guys I put down my first app of dylox last week at a condo complex I take care odf Grubs everywhere absolute mess so anyhow how long tell I should start seeing a differnce and know whether or not I will need to do a second app any advice would be awsome thanks :usflag:

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

5-10 days assuming the correct rate was applied and it got watered in

3. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

You shouldn't have to do a second app as long as you got the first one down at the correct rate and got it watered in properly.

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

will putting down an application this late in the season for grubs still work and have an effect on their population? i was under the understanding that a late season app was pretty much worthless?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It will work. Besides, it is still relatively early.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our area the little animals that hunt grubs are tearing the turf up looking for the grubs. We have to put stuff down to stop that on commericial properties.

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

what would be the latest you would want to apply? temp or time line

8. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Dylox works fast (once watered). You can use it effectively as long as grubs are consistently feeding near the soil surface.....

9. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

thanks for all your help guys it did work most of the grubs are dead after 10 days or so or obviously dying