How long for parts on ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

How long does it usually take for you to get parts for your ztr's? Is 3 to 4 days a common thing? I know it is for my dealer. Not sure if it is a distributor issue, or a manufacturer issue. Also, currious on the exmark part plan... Does this include hydro parts, motor components, next day or free, or is it truely only exmark parts themselves? Thanks alot.

Jay

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

are you talking about ordering parts and installing them yourself, or are you talking about how long it takes for your dealer to service your machine? Usually when i drop my mower off, i let them know its my only ztr, and i really need it back, and they usually put it ahead of others and get it to me by the next day.

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I mean from the time they order til the time it comes in the door, not includeing instalation. I too only have one ztr, and it really hurts productivity to wait for parts that long. They usually can install the parts pretty fast at this time of year, but may take a couple days when they have parts to get to it in the Spring.

Jay

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I waited three days for new coils to be put on my 18 Kohler, and they were in stock. This time of year this is normal. This is why I have a backup mower.

5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yep next day or free on all parts for Exmark mowers. If I order by 3:00pm I have them at my door the next day.

Cant beat that. Now for the most part they have the parts in stock but being they are 1.5 hrs away, if its not aq nessesity part I will usually have them shipped.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer carries every part for any Exmark product in stock. If, by chance, something happened, and it required ordering, it would be in over night - guaranteed.;) This dealer is awesome.

7. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Walker dealer here is good if they don't have it(which is rare)they pull it off a showroom model to get you out mowing again.

8. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I cant speak for all, but my dealer orders parts for me as a commercial cutter and they are overnighted!!!

The 3 times I have had to take my machine to the dealer to be worked on he has had it ready the next day!!!

He will get no complaints from me.

Jim