how long have your ztr's lasted?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LWNMWR1, May 4, 2004.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

just wondering how long everyone's ztr's have lasted. i have a turf tyiger and it is 4 years old and i think she is terminal with out a great deal of extra work. 1500 hours, sound about right for termination?

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:D Had Bunton new 1500 hrs 4yrs old, traded. I understand its still going.

3. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

If you take care of them but still work 'em hard they will last a long time. I had a Bunton 36 varible years ago that had over 3000 hrs and ran great. if you service them and don't ram them around such as idle 'em down when laoding or finishing with a lawn and running back to the trailer. I can't get over the guys who start mowers up wide open and shut them off wide open. Or when they stop to talk to someone they leave them sit there full throttle. Sure they will take it for a a long time but it's stupid. A ZTR should run forever if ran proper.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is a photo of what used to be a MTD PRO MZ2554 ( Cub Tank) I bought in 1998. Was used for mowing for 4 years before we converted it to a spray & fert machine. Only repairs was this spring when I had to replace the ignition coils and the stator ring on the Kohler 25.

z sprayer 2.jpg

5. titoojeda

titoojeda LawnSite Member
    from FL

Gentlemen,

I'm considering buying a used (47 hrs) 61" Bunton commercial Zero Turn lawn mower. It has a 23 HP Kawasaki V-twin gas engine (38 cu. in.), electronic ignition, hydrostatic drive, dual variable displacement pumps transmission, hydrostatic dynamic braking system with disc-type parking brake, etc.

The guy says he used it to cut his yard. He's asking 3,900 for it.

What do you think?

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have a 3 year going on four 60 inch Tank. has 700 plus hours. No problems!!