1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How long in the business?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Blades Lawn Maintenance, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Gas for .25 Gal ?? That would be great!

Same way, gotta stay busy.

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Been mowing since I was 15
    Took over day to day operations of my father's company last year.... I wish I could go back to being 15 when riding on a sulky and trimming all day didn't cause so many aches and pains and when I went home at night I didn't have more work to do :cry:

3. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Me and my dad started doing this on the side 4 years ago. Hopelly next spring we will make it official and really push for more business.

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

10 years by myself...started in the neighborhood when i was 8

5. TJ Property

TJ Property LawnSite Member
    from CT

3 going on 4 soon

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I started with 4 lawns all within walking distance of my parents house. Used a push mower 21 lawn boy. I started when I was going into the 4th grade so whatever age that is! Each year after that I gained a few more. Pulled the mower behind the bike for many years until I could drive. Now I am 38 yrs old and expanded into all lawn service, landscape design and build. Spraying. Snow. Striping parking lots. Remodel or build new houses. Started a nursery this year. So yes been around. Always learning new things. Improving always. And I can't forget I have an awesome support system -my wife and three boys! Oh yes I still have the paper work from those early years. My wife thinks I am nuts keeping those old records but I just gotta keep them.

7. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

Started cutting when I was 13. Officially went into business at 18. Closed it down at 46 during the divorce, returning to the industry I love at 48. :canadaflag:

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

Im Just finishing up my 4th season, cant wait for next year!

9. thethirstymoose

thethirstymoose LawnSite Member

28 years here, love it too, its a hard business now with high fuel costs, and a sporadic economy but try making every day the best I can
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I just realized I never said my experience. Ive been cutting family members yards since I was 14. Officially went in buisness at 16. I'll be 18 tomorrow on the 17 of sept. And Im finishing my 2nd season of lawn care this year. Loving every bit of it